Blackford Hall – Administration Building
Interior Renovation & Exterior Renewal
Episcopal High School
Cole & Denny Architects renovated Blackford Hall, one of the oldest buildings on the campus of Episcopal High School, to create a new student commons and counseling offices on the ground level and refresh the school’s business offices, located on the floor above. In addition, a two-bedroom faculty apartment on the second floor was expanded and fully modernized. The interior remodeling involved converting dining facilities into meeting and office space, and included complete HVAC system replacement, adding accessible toilets and a variety of structural upgrades. As part of the transformation, mid-1960s aluminum sash were replaced with new, insulated-glass windows. The firm designed the new windows to echo the character of the original wooden sash of the 1906 structure.
questions / comments…